Year after year, those horrible boxed chocolates and painful singing cards are turning folks into zombie lovers on Valentine’s Day. If you’re the kind of lover who wants to ignite passion with homemade goodness, cooking from the heart is the key! In this case, cooking an actual heart is the key of GOLD.
Peruvian anticuchos de corazon may not seem like a romantic dish, but it actually contains these aphrodisiacs: garlic, oregano, chile pepper, and cumin. So if you’ve never tasted beef heart before, put aside your fears because AMOR VINCIT OMNIA (love conquers all)! Make this recipe for your Valentine and they’ll be groovin’ like this dude
and then you’ll be like
- 1 lb beef heart, trimmed and sliced into chunks
- 1 head garlic, peeled
- 3-4 tbs aji panca paste, can sub with 4-5 dried guajillo peppers (reconstituted)
- ½ red wine vinegar
- 1 tbs ground cumin
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- salt & pepper to taste
- For the marinade:
- Place all ingredients (except the heart) in a blender and mix until well combined
- pour over beef heart chunks in a bowl and let marinade overnight in the fridge or at least 2-4 hours
- skewer pieces and grill on med-high heat for 2-3 minutes on each side. You can baste with marinade throughout the grilling process.
- Enjoy with boiled potatoes, pasta, or fried peppers!