This is our favorite breakfast sandwich ever! It’s usually the first thing I make with leftover chicken, and it’s much more satisfying (and slightly healthier) than your traditional breakfast sandwich. You could swap some of the ingredients for bacon or sausage, but a sunny side up egg makes all the difference.
Yolk Porn. The thirst is real, people. There’s something about a perfectly cooked, runny egg yolk that makes me
horny excited. Here’s proof:
Yolk Porn Gallery: Instagram Photos During the Last 2 Years
I really love eggs.
- 1 Roll
- 1 slice leftover chicken breast
- 1 slice deli ham
- slice of tomato
- 1 slice cheese
- 1 egg
- a few salad greens
- olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a pan. Slice bread in half and place in the pan, cut side down. Remove when toasted golden brown.
- In the remaining oil, place chicken in the pan and top with cheese. You only want to warm the chicken through, and allow the cheese to slightly melt on top.
- Remove chicken and place on bottom bread slice.
- Add a little more olive oil, if the pan is dry, add cook the egg sunny side up. Season with salt and pepper.
- Assemble the rest of the sandwich by layering the ham on top of the chicken and cheese, then the salad greens, and the sunny side up egg. You may add a drizzle of hot sauce before topping with the other bread slice.
- To serve, cut sandwich in half to let the yolk run through the sandwich.